Monday 6 February 2012

A black and white Valentine

What with Valentine's Day coming up, I thought I'd do a post about one of my Valentine-related pieces.











It came about because I randomly picked up some black and white coated chain in the Beads Direct sale. I thought it looked interesting, and when it turned up it was more interesting than I'd expected - the links are huge!

I decided to make the most of that fact, and wove some silver chain in and out of the links, and fixed it at each end with a jump ring, with a silver clasp at one end and a length of the coated chain at the other to serve as an extender.

To match the monotone feel of the necklace, I dug out some of the black, clear, and smokey grey glass charms from the batch in the last post. They're supposed to be leaves, but I think they look like hearts.











And there you have it - a bracelet for someone who likes their romance a little less pink and sweet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment